In January 1998 members of eight neurological support groups met with Lincolnshire Health Authority to discuss and form a Lincolnshire umbrella organisation for individuals and support groups of people with neurological conditions. This was called the Lincolnshire Neuroscience Forum and meetings were administered by the Lincolnshire Health Authority and attended by neurological support groups, the NHS and Social Services.
When the Lincolnshire Health Authority disbanded, the support groups reformed as the Lincolnshire Neurological Alliance, became a charity and joined The Neurological Alliance.
Our aims and objectives
The Lincolnshire Neurological Alliance is an association of people and voluntary organisations with an interest in people with a neurological condition, based in Lincolnshire, working together in pursuit of our aims and objectives which are:
- to represent all people in Lincolnshire with a neurological condition, their families and carers
- to work together to ensure that the local provision of health and related services, including fully funded neuro-rehabilitation facilities and resources, is appropriate to and serves the needs of all
- to promote the vision that service is best delivered through a multi-disciplinary team, to ensure an integrated programme of neurological rehabilitation, from post acute through in-patient, out-patient and peripatetic services and to encourage the development of the neurological peripatetic specialist nurse role
- to encourage the NHS and Social Services authorities to merge their budgets and administration systems in order to minimise delays in the effective provision of services
- to press the authorities to provide all appropriate care ‘free of charge’ to service users
- to ensure that the treatment which is made available to any one patient is equally available to all other patients with the same need, regardless of administrative boundaries, underlying medical conditions, age, sex, race or other factors
- to integrate input from the voluntary and professional sectors to maximise the combined efforts of partnership
- to improve the availability of information to people in Lincolnshire and encourage the development of a support service for those individuals with a neurological condition, where the authorities can demonstrate they are unable to make provision in the foreseeable future
- A Health Needs Assessment for people living with neurological conditions in Lincolnshire – HARG and Lincoln University (March 2018) Full report
- A Health Needs Assessment for people living with neurological conditions in Lincolnshire – HARG and Lincoln University (July 2018) Summary Report
- Neuro-Patience Policy Report (July 2019) Policy Report
- Neuro-Patience Key Findings (July 2019) Key Findings